A noodle salad for the new year
The new year has arrived, and we're already running out of ideas for the healthy, delicious meals we literally promised ourselves we'd make...
So here's a ripper to get your going for the 2017 summer, a delicious 'New Year Noodle Salad', or, perhaps a Newdle Year Salad?
No, we'll keep working on that...
Anyway, here's why we love it:
1. Super quick and easy.
2. Packs a full flavour punch.
3. Super healthy - full of veggies, protein, healthy carbs and low in fat.
1/2 soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp dark sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced chilli
4 cups cooked soba noodles, hot
3 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 pack firm tofu, drained and cubed
1. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds, orange juice, ginger, garlic, chilli and sesame oil in a mug or small bowl and whisk well to combine.
2. In a large bowl combine the noodles and remaining ingredients.
3. Drizzle over the dressing, toss well to coat and serve in bowls.
Adapted from myrecipes.com / Photo: iStock