The Jonas Brothers are BACK! Here’s Everything You Need To Know
This is an SOS!
Today started like any other day.
We snoozed our alarm ten times, sprinted for our train because we were late (because we snoozed our alarm ten times) and bought a large coffee on the way to work .
Until the news of our entire LIVES broke: THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE BACK TOGETHER.
AND RELEASING A NEW SONG CALLED 'SUCKER'.
YES THAT REQUIRES ALL CAPS!!!!!!!
DON’T THROW SHADE AT OUR EXCITEMENT.
We thought we had well and truly left our tween fan girl days behind us, but this announcement proves our love for the JoBros runs deep.
The brothers announced the news via their individual instagrams and also the newly created Jonas Brothers page (!!!!!!!!!).
They even shared the cover art for their new tune. And can we just say, Nick Jonas in a tight fitting polo short and pink pants is an entire mood.
If you're anything like us you have a million questions about this reunion.
In an Australian exclusive, the Jonas Brothers will be joining Smallzy on Monday night to talk all about the new track and how the reunion happened.
Can't wait for Monday? Don't stress! The boys are releasing the song AND the film clip at 4pm AEST.
Here's the teaser:
We're not sure how Joe pulls off a turtleneck but we dig it.
The Jonas brothers broke up six years ago which is a long time. It's hard to remember much about the JoBro glory days.
But we gotchu covered! Here's a refresher on everything you need to know about the boys:
- The Jonas Brothers first formed in 2005 and were nominated for Best New Artist at the 51st Grammy Awards.
- They starred in two Camp Rock films as well as their own Disney Channel TV show called Jonas, and released four studio albums with over 17 million copies sold worldwide
- Exactly ten years ago today, their concert film Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience with special guests Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift was released.
- Their last album, Lines, Vines and Trying Times, came out in 2009, and two songs were released in 2012 after a hiatus to pursue solo-projects.
The band officially split up in 2013 after a comeback tour and album was cancelled due to “a deep rift” and “a big disagreement over their music direction”.
- Since then, Nick Jonas has had a successful solo music career, as well as starring in the 2017 film Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle and recently marrying actress Priyanka Chopra.
- Joe Jonas launched the music group DNCE, became a coach on the 2018 season of The Voice Australia and got engaged to Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner in 2017.
- A year after the band broke up, Kevin Jonas appeared on Donald Trump’s final season of The Celebrity Apprentice, became an entrepreneur with his own app and real-estate development company, and has two daughters with his wife Danielle.
- Their Instagram account was reactivated in January 2018, causing speculation about a reunion, but at the time Nick shut down rumours, telling W Magazine, “I mean, it is not happening right now… never say never”.
"Never say never" is right 'cause the Jonas Brother's are back baby!
Tune into Smallzy’s Surgery 7pm on Monday to hear the exclusive interview with the Jonas Brothers!
Images: The Jonas Brothers / Instagram, Giphy / Giphy.