Chilling warning for fidget spinner users

1 min read

A Sydney child has been rushed to hospital after swallowing a disc

The boy was playing with his new fidget spinner when once of the small discs fell off and landed in his mouth.

An X-ray was taken at Royal North Shore Hospital, clearly showing the disc in the child’s stomach.

His mother has warned others about the danger, posting on the North Shore Mums Facebook page:

“Parents of fidget spinners beware ... our son swallowed the disc of a fidget spinner last night and ended up in RNSH Emergency.”

“The side of the spinner was cracked and when he spun it, the disc flew in his mouth and before he realised he swallowed it! He had it for less than 48 hours.”

“Ours are now in the bin and just want to make you all aware of what can happen with these things. He has to pass it within two days or we’re looking at alternative methods of extraction.”

It’s not the first time the toy craze has injured children. Their safety is currently being investigated in Western Australia after one reportedly gave an 11-year-old an eye injury.

Image: Getty/Chesnot

Written By Cassie Crofts

This is HEARTBREAKING.

Come again?

And wait until you see why!