15 things I thought while watching Bridget Jones’s Baby
After 15 years and another failed romance, the fabulous disaster that is Bridget Jones graces our screens again with the (very) long awaited Bridget Jones’s Baby.
As you may expect, we in the Nova office were just a little excited about the arrival of the third chapter in the narrative of Ms Jones’s life. (We may have been counting down the days/writing articles declaring our love for the original.) So, when I had the chance to see the film, I picked up my very best Christmas jumper and jumped at the chance. Here are 15 things I thought while watching the film.
1. All By Myself is playing. YES.
2. Bridget at home with a bottle of white, dancing in her pyjamas is all of us and I adore her.
3. Did she just call herself a S.I.L.F? (Spinster I’d like... well, you get the idea.) Bless!
4. Can Bridget Jones be the narrator of my life, please?
5. Moaning Myrtle is in this! (Harry Potter fans will understand.)
6. Nawwwww Mr Darcy is here and he’s so damn awkward and cute.
7. Yowza, McDreamy is attractive. Way better than Hugh (sorry, not sorry).
8. I know Patrick Dempsey’s character’s name is Jack in this film. I’m still going to think of him as McDreamy.
9. Bridget is dancing to Gangnam Style and Mr Darcy has no clue what’s happening and I can’t. This is too sweet.
10. Expired, vegan condoms? Girl.
11. Emma Thompson (who plays Bridget’s obstetrician) is probably one of my top 5 favourite people in the world. Side note: apparently she was involved in writing the script because, of course she was.
12. Poor Mark Darcy. He always has to fight it out with some stud for Bridget’s love.
13. So swoon. Much romance. WHO WILL WIN HER HEART?
14. Gianni, an Italian waiter who is far too involved in Bridget and Mark’s relationship, is the second-best thing about this film (behind Emma).
15. Bridget Jones, you will be a phenomenal mother.
Bridget Jones’s Baby is in cinemas now. Girl’s night out, ladies? Ding-dong.